Contact

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Northern Exposure Thursdays

"Go outside."

My parents said that a lot to me growing up. In the summer of 2010 I funded and organized a cross-country study of Canadian culture and theatre stretching coast-to-coast. In 2 months I visited 30 Canadian destinations, saw 5 world-class museums, enjoyed 26 theatrical performances, took 2400 photos, and laid my head to rest in countless hostels (and one memorable couch-crashing).

Why? Because of a combination of things. The first reason, my parent's committal to kicking me outside, and the second, my quirky sense of Canadian guilt. "How can I be Canadian without seeing the country end to end?" -- a question by my 7 year old self. "Far and wide" is in the anthem, for God's sake. To encourage others to take the same trip (if they're able, they should and if they're not, they still should) here are some snapshots from the trip.

Where we hear things get done here. We're not certain.
(Ottawa, Ontario)

Every king needs a crown, right?
(Montreal, Quebec)
It DOES exist!
(Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia)
Even the pigeons are as advertised
(Toronto, Ontario)

With this instalment, this sea-to-sea feature should be finished in 480 Thursdays. More next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment